Friday, March 27, 2009

Twitter

I am a regular user of social networking sites such as Facebook and Myspace, and have been a user for quite some time. I do not, however, have any interest in Twitter. It is my opinion that Twitter has only lifted some of the more minor applications from Facebook and Myspace to create yet another form of social networking. Who wants to juggle three seperate accounts, which, essentially, are the same?

In order to complete the module I created an account with Twitter and utilized the search features. I searched for Weather and the Houston Astros. I am now 'following' both. I just received an update on the terms of Tejada's community service.

While I enjoyed learning something new, Twitter is not for me. I will be deleting my account. As I stated earlier, I don't have the time or interest to keep up with numerous accounts, and certainly not one that provides only random and inane information.

No comments: