Thursday, September 10, 2009

Genealogy #67

Yes, I have begun my own research of my grandfather's side of the family. You learn so much as you work through the process. You must be tenacious. The most important advice I would offer someone undertaking genealogical research is, however, the advice offerred second in post #67. 'Talk to your living relatives'. Let the oral history that living relatives provide act as a compass. Let them point you in the right direction. Ask direct questions of them. Speaking to living relatives about you and your family's history will also inspire and motivate you and your search. I have found that throughout my search, I have been able to answer questions for my grandfather! It's a discovery process for all involved. Moreover, I would like to add that, the resources cited in post #67 are incredibly helpful in initiating your genealogical research.

No comments: