Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The End

Whew! It was a whirlwind, but I had a good time! What can I say about the iHCPL experience!?? There is too much to say! I think the Blog is indicative of something (or should I say lots 'o somethings) learned, and learning was the priority here. This post would go on for days if I listed every discovery I made along the way, but I will do my best to highlight my learning iHCPL experience.
What stands out for me are all of the new technologies, applications, and tools that iHCPL introduced me to and encouraged me to explore. For example, there was Zoho Writer. Initially I had some trouble with it and expressed my frustrations in a blog post. However, I have since made some progress and hope to be utilizing it regularly in the near future. I believe it to be a wonderful tool for librarians, especially those belonging to a unified system. Imagine how much simpler things might be if we were all practiced in this app.
More of my favorite discoveries were the Music Video Production and the Blog itself. As for the Music Video Production - I realize that it was not the most challenging of the excercises, but it caught my attention and introduced my mind to a new online realm. Sometimes we forget, even in our technology "boxes", that so much exists out there in the very vast WWW. Meaning - it never would have occurred to me that some Internet service and platform out there will allow you to create something all your own in a unique (and often restricted) medium. There is always something new, and you have to explore and learn to keep up. In regard to the Blog...I would have to say that this was the biggest of the learning experiences. Because the Blog was the vehicle for the iHCPL experience you had no choice but to make yourself very comfortable with the Blog. I had so much fun just with this. Certainly, blogging is not a new information concept, but it was one that I myslef had not yet taken the time to understand and utilize. In fact, I've enjoyed it so much that I may consider maintaining my blog, and continuing on with some library perspective and focus. Thank you iHCPL!

No comments: