Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Genealogy #68


1. Yes, I have pursued an oral history project. This was an assignment for me in high school. I chose to work with my grandmother as she was the most colorful and knowledgeable member of the family. The assignment didn't require that I become too involved, but rather was intended to familiarize us with the process of research. After finishing the assignmnet, I had plans to continue on. Unfortunately, high school got in the way, and that pet project soon fell by the wayside. Sadly, my grandmother passed on last year, therefore, I am unable to pick up where I left off. If I were pursue another oral history project, I would utilize the voice and memory of my Aunt Joanne. She is my grandmother's sister.

2. Via Find a Grave I searched for the oldest burial listed at Bennett Cemetery located in Apple Springs, Texas. I chose this cemetery as it is where my grandmother and much of her family is buried. Elizabeth Thomas Moulds is the oldest listed burial. She was born May 18, 1821 in Mississipps. She died July 19, 1908 in Groveton, Texas. Her spouse is listed as Walter Moulds Jr. No children are listed.

No comments: