Monday, September 28, 2009

Genealogy #69

I conducted a search using Ancestry.com. I chose my great grandfather as my search subject. The Texas Birth Index returned the birth record of my grandfather's brother, which lists my great grandfather as the father. The U.S. Census also returned information on my great grandfather. The 1930 census lists my great grandfather, John Atticus Meador, as the Head of Household; age 34; 4 children; and, married to Leslie Carrie Banks. Finally, the Social Security Death Index cites his birth as April 22, 1896 and his death as February 1983. It also lists my grandfather's SS number, which I was surprised to see. I was not aware that the SS Death Index lists this type of information. All in all, I would say that I had a fairly successful search. I plan to do some searching on my great grandmother in my free time!

No comments: