Sunday, November 4, 2007

Technorati

It's been a week or so...who would've guessed that I would miss blogging!?? I'm back today to blog about my experience with a little thing called Technorati. Following the iHCPL instructions, I conducted an Advanced search via Technorati by typing in the keyword "Learning 2.0". To be honest - I wasn't expecting the search to return the high numbers it did, in fact, return. When I searched the Blog Directory, I received search results indicating that Technorati monitored 776 blogs ABOUT "Learning 2.0". Even of the 95.8 million blogs that Technorati monitors - I would not have guessed 776 of them are about Learning 2.0. I guess I'm just thinking there are soooo many other things to blog about - Who would be a bloggin' about 2.0?? So, I learned something! Actually, that's not all I learned on this dicovery excercise...When I searched only the Posts- 6,378 posts containg the exact phrase "Learning 2.0" came back to me. Finally, 623 posts were tagged as "Learning 2.0". Really, the numbers just astounded me. I found this excercise to be particularly interesting....To the next one!

No comments: