Sunday, November 4, 2007

Wiki

What's a wiki...I just like the way that sounds...Can you guess? This post concerns the wiki. I had a pretty good time with this one, althought the confusing factor also presented itself. I had a great time exploring the BookLovers wiki put on by the Princeton Public Library. I performed a couple of searches on some fav books - I love that patrons can utilize this wiki to write their own reviews on a book - I wanted to add to a few of the entries (that's the great thing about wikis), but I didn't. I didn't want to spoil someone's lovely review....

I also ventured into the HCPL wiki creating a log-in account. This is where it became a bit confusing. The layout of the page bothered me, and made it more difficult to find answers. There wasn't enough explination on what setting you were in or how to manipulate the page. Yuck!

No comments: