Sunday, November 11, 2007

Web-based Apps * Zoho Writer

Well, I was really looking forward to this week's lesson, but was sorely disappointed...I think, the concept of an application such as Zoho is brilliant. It brings about collocation, organization and consistency - three principal elements of librarianship. It's unbelievably convenient as well! So, I made my way into Zoho, created an account and, then, stalled. Here is where the disappoointment begins to wash over me...AArrggh...so frustrating! Where was the user direction? Inside the app I could not locate directional or explanatory direction. I just sort of felt my way through it...but I could only get so far leading myself blindly...I spent quite a bit of time attempting to save and post an Employee Evaluation template to my blog. I was quite unsuccessful. After numerous attempts, I gave up in frustration. I am not, however, waving my white flag just yet...I am determined to get back in there and figure out the odds and ends of Zoho, as I believe it is a great tool and would serve me well in my profession. Will keep you "posted". (Pun intended) ;)

1 comment:

ctechnonot said...

Hey there Yada Yada,
I really liked Zoho,but also had a terrible time trying to get my stuff to by blog! You have to click on publish instead of export. I kept clicking on export and never getting anywhere. Let me know how it goes...:-)